Sunday, February 27, 2011

Crochet Projects: Pillow

As I type this, I am actually using the pillow that this post is about! About a month ago, I made this pillow as a wintery addition to the two green couch pillows we had. I learned how to do front and back post double crochet stitches, and I got to use a soft and fluffy cream yarn for it. For the back, I wanted something different than the pattern suggested, so I just made two panels of all double crochet which overlap on the back and fasten together with big buttons. The pillow is stuffed with another homemade pillow form.

I was surprised at how much yarn the basketweave pattern took up, especially compared to the plain double crochet back. Overall, though, the pattern was fun and the pillow is even more fun to use!

Here's the pattern: Coats and Clark Basketweave Pillow
Here's the yarn I used: Loops & Threads Charisma

No comments: