Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sewing Projects: Fabric Book Holder

Last month, my husband and I were blessed with another beautiful niece!  Along with all the excitement of a new baby in the family, I also had a chance to make some cute things for the new little one.  Just before her baby shower, my sister-in-law mentioned these fabric book holders that she had seen online.  I had seen them too, and offered to make them for her as a gift.

The fabrics here are a basic gray cotton and Souvenir in Lemon, from Amy Butler's Lark collection.  I also bought two 45" white dowels (in the curtain section) from Menard's, plus 2 double curtain rod holders (also from Menard's).  I planned to glue a wooden ball onto the end of each rod also (actually, they were doll's heads from Michaels, which have one flatter side), but have yet to paint them a good matching white color.

One of the shelves is shallower than the other, which works better for showing off the shorter books.  Overall, I think they turned out pretty well and my sister-in-law was very pleased with them!  She actually incorporated the yellow fabric into the rest of the nursery, which turned out very cute.

For the tutorial, click on this link.

No comments: