Sunday, May 29, 2011

Crochet Projects: Baby Sweater and Shoes

Since a close friend and neighbor has recently had a baby, I've really enjoyed making cute baby stuff for her!  Baby things are super fast to make, and they use relatively little supplies.  I had some left over yarn from my niece's baby blanket, so I put it to good use as a sweater and Mary Jane style shoes for our neighbor.

The sweater pattern is found at this link on Ravelry or on this blog.
I used Hobby Lobby Sweet Delight baby yarn in Pink-a-Boo and Teddy.
To account for the lighter weight yarn, I used a larger hook than recommended.
I changed the button design also.  After finishing the trim all the way around the sweater, I reattached the trim color yarn a few stitches from the top.  I chained 3, then reattached two stitches later, then slip stitched down two stitches, then chained another 3 and reattached two stitches later.

The shoe pattern is found at this link.  Instead of making the taller strap, I finished off the shoe right before starting the strap.  Then I reattached the yarn on one side of the shoe, chained about 6, then reattached on the other side.  I sewed on a non-functional button just for added cuteness :-).

Like I said, these projects were super quick and easy to whip up.  Perfect for a newborn who is growing by the day!  I'll definitely be making more of these sweaters in the future.

Also, thanks Baby Z for modeling your new outfit for me!

No comments: