Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Craft Projects: Map Wall Art and Fabric Flower Necklace

So I'm a new member on Pinterest, a very addicting site where people collect and show interesting things they've found on the Internet.  I'm mostly looking at craft ideas and recipes, and there's a lot of cool ideas out there!

The problem with Pinterest is that I've amassed a bunch of creative ideas for projects, but it's so hard to pull away from the computer and actually ACCOMPLISH any of them!  Two weeks ago, though, I was able to finish two Pinterest projects in one day.  Here they are:

1.  Map Wall Art
Here's the original idea and tutorial for this one.  After cutting up a Michigan map to recover an old empty journal...

...I decided to use what was left of the map (most of it) to make this mobile-ish wall decoration.


2.  Fabric Flower Necklace

Here's the original idea and tutorial for this one.  I used some leftover felt from some bath puppets I made, leftover fabric from some curtains I made, and the chain from a necklace my 9th grade boyfriend gave me :-).  Just a little cutting and hot gluing is all that is necessary!

No comments: